South African Society for Animal Science
Welcome to SASAS
The aim of the South African Society for Animal Science is to advance animal science and promote viable animal production systems, while sustaining natural resources and the environment. Animal science deals mainly with the three basic disciplines namely breeding, physiology and nutrition, as well as animal product sciences (meat, dairy, wool, etc.). Membership is open to individuals in possession of a bachelor degree or a diploma in animal science/production or a related biological science field, who contribute to the scientific knowledge of animal production, or the application thereof. Go to the pages of our journals, South African Journal of Animal Science or Applied Animal Husbandry and Rural Development and download any of our articles – free of charge!
New on the Website
- 50th SASAS Congress - September 2017 - Fifth updated announcement has been posted.
- Implementation of Continuing Professional Development for Animal Scientists (CPD)
- A couple of topics have been uploaded on the SASAS blog and members registered on the website are invited to comment.
Now available in the member's section:
- Nomination forms for SASAS medals awards for 2017 now available. Closing date: 23 July 2017.
- Members are invited to nominate members for Council: 2017 to 2019